Friday, June 13, 2014

Muppet Party

For his 3rd birthday, my little Hunny Bunny wanted a Muppet theme. We listen to Muppet songs in the car all the time. His favorite songs include "Am I am Man, or am I a Muppet", "It's Not Easy Bein' Green", and "Share it Maybe". His favorite character is Kermit. For awhile, no one else was allowed to like Kermit the best. Only him. He kept asking me who I liked the best and he would get really mad when I said "Kermit". "No, you like Fozzie the best", he would shout. Ah, the joys of arguing with a toddler. We own The Muppets (2011 movie with Amy Adams and Jason Segal) and we went to see The Muppets Most Wanted in theaters before his big day. Here he is on the morning of his birthday.
I had green balloons taped to the ceiling. Other than that, the decorations were pretty minimal. It was actually hard to find stuff for this theme. I went to various stores, but eventually had to purchase stuff on E-bay. Crazy. I found a great YouTube video on how to make Kermit Cupcakes.


They were super easy to make, as far as special cupcakes go. I made a big one for the birthday boy. The video suggested using fruit roll up or fruit by the foot for the frog's mouth. When I went to the store, the fruit roll ups all had writing all over them so I picked out a different "all natural" brand. But when I opened it up, it was more maroon than red and it was grooved, with lines ranging from dark to almost transparent. I went to Michael's and got red fondant instead. It worked perfectly. The eyes are made out of white gumballs. Another important point is to have a cupcake with a nice rounded top. I found a great blog on how to do that. The goodie bags included a Pez dispenser, a CD, and a T-shirt. A week or so before the party I found out all the kids' favorite Muppets. I made their bag and shirt with their favorite character. The shirts are made using a printable iron-on transfer.

Instead of going somewhere for his party, we had a pool party at our house. The kids had a great time swimming and the weather was perfect. My little guy got some new pool toys. They had a blast spraying each other!  Anyone else have a hard time getting your kids out of the pool?!
Some of my son's favorite people came to his party, including his Aunt and Uncle. He had such a great time with them! Side note- Uncle Big Guy is the principal of the school he will be going to in August and it's been a way of reminding him to use the potty, since you have to wear underwear to go to Big Guy's school.
He had fun with his friends as well. One of his presents was fake mustaches and the kids had fun with those. Or maybe the parents just had fun watching the kids wearing them. They looked more Muppety with the mustaches, in my opinion.
My favorite part was when we sang Happy Birthday. He had the biggest smile and I could tell he felt really special. It's tough saying "No" all the time. I love having some special days I can spoil him.

-Me and my Hunny Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment