Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summer Break!

It's summer break! What a wonderful time! I've been thinking, though, how my summers have changed from year to year. It's obviously different than when I was a kid, but from year to year as a teacher, and now a wife and mother, it's continued to change and evolve.
I moved out to Arizona in 2004, but didn't get my first summer break until 2007. That was a glorious vacation and very well deserved in my opinion. I spent a good portion of my break in Ohio.
In 2008, Matt and I were dating and went to the Outer Banks with my family.  We stayed in a house right across the street from the beach. I hope we can do that again one day, because to this day it's one of my favorite vacations.

The following year I spent a month in Ohio getting ready for the wedding- finding the perfect photographer, florist, cake decorator, center pieces, and everything else. I went to a baseball game with my brother, Michael, among other things.

After being married almost a year, Matt and I took our honeymoon the summer of 2010 and went to Santa Barbara, Disneyland, and some other awesome places in California. I also flew to Michigan to drive Allison, Matt's sister, to Arizona that summer. That was a fun road trip!


Things drastically changed the following summer, when we had a baby. I spent the summer of 2011 starring at and cuddling the cutest baby in all existence. I'm sure every mother feels that way. But come on-- look at that face!!
 In 2012, Preston had his first adventure on a airplane and got to visit the Midwest for the first time. He had a great time with his grandparents and aunts and uncles.


 I remember thinking how fun he was at that age. But he was even more fun the next year when we went to the beach and Lego Land.
And this year, 15 days into break, and I'm having the time of my life with such a fun little 3 year-old. I feel so lucky to get to spend extra time with him. We had a ton of fun at the Sea Life Aquarium (until he got tired and threw a huge fit). I will be writing more about our adventures this summer, so come back and see us again!
-Me and my Hunny Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment