Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Play Ball!

Every Sunday, Matt (my husband), plays in a co-ed softball league with some of our friends. I was invited to play. I actually played one season. But I am not good. Most people can throw a bowling ball better than I can throw a softball. It was an embarrassing season for all involved. I'm much better as a spectator. So Preston and I went to watch on Sunday.

It was very hot and the sun was in our eyes, but we had a good time cheering everyone on. The game was from 5:30-6:30, so I made sure to bring plenty of snacks and water. A man sitting behind us gave Preston a Red Vine, which he loved. Just like his mamma, he got distracted quite a bit, though, and was all over the place. We walked over to the dugout a number of times to say hi to our friends. He needed to use the potty, so we went to the bathroom. He didn't actually go, but it was cool that he wanted to try. We brought some of his cars, so he drove those on the benches.


He raced McQueen and Chick. He even shared his cars with a little girl who was there and showed her how to play with them. It was very sweet. He wasn't really watching the game. Don't tell my husband, but I wasn't really watching either. 

My little scavenger found 2 pine cones and 1 button at the park. We put them in his backpack for future art projects. Or maybe we will make bird feeders. I haven't decided yet. Is it too hot for the birds? The peanut butter will probably drip right off of them it's so hot. Eh, maybe we'll wait for the fall for that project.
Matt had to sit out one inning because they have too many guys on the team and only 5 can play at a time in the field. They take turns (how nice). That was a really tough inning to watch because the other team kept scoring. But it was nice to hang out with him for a bit!
He finished off his water bottle while we were there and he got really sweaty. Such a boy! I don't think we will go any more this summer though. 5:30 is a very hot time and it's only going to get hotter this summer. I honestly don't know how they play softball and run around in this heat. We will go to more games in the fall. 

-Me and my Hunny Bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment